But what happens when you have a bad dentition and conceal your pearly whites in public? Of course, this can be worrisome, especially in social engagements, since it often leaves you in an awkward feat. It gets bad, like talking in a meeting or taking a group photograph to become a burden.
So how do you address the issue of a misaligned dentition? What are the options available? For as long as we can remember, braces have always been a reliable solution to badly-shaped teeth. But there are always the attendant issues that come with them. However, advancements in dental technology have brought about a better alternative—Invisalign—a more convenient form of braces.
Invisalign braces are almost invisible and can be fitted in and taken off easily without the help of a dentist. In this article, we will share with you all you need about this dental procedure. Read on.
First, Let Us Discuss a Little About Invisalign?
Invisalign is a dental treatment that straightens crooked or disoriented teeth without using metal braces or wires. It is a series of custom-made, clear braces covering the whole region around the teeth while slightly pulling them into their proper place with time.
Instead of using brackets, elastics, and wires, Invisalign makes use of clear plastic aligners developed based on the unique needs of the patient’s dental anatomy. The general design of the aligners gently pulls the entire teeth to their proper position. Invisalign braces have become one of the unique solutions for crooked and uneven teeth.
How Long Does The Treatment Take?
How long an Invisalign treatment takes to straighten the teeth completely depends on various factors. The most prevalent of them is the extent of misalignment in question. Some dentures may not be too complicated and require much less work and time to get straightened out. There are those. However, that may require a lot more attention to detail. Such severe instances will require more time to complete treatment.
Another important factor to consider is the age of the patient. Adults take a relatively shorter time to recover from Invisalign treatment in adults. Teenagers and children may take between 12 and 24 months to finish teen invisalign treatment.
Benefits of Invisalign Treatment
Let us highlight some of the well-known benefits of Invisalign treatment:
- It is an absolute no-brainer that Invisalign generally improves the smile and boosts your self-confidence.
- It is super-effective at correcting many dental issues such as misaligned teeth, overcrowding, gaps, overbites, underbites, etc.
- Invisalign eliminates the issues of sores around the mouth which is common with traditional metal wires and types of braces.
- The treatment is usually cost-effective and can be covered by insurance or simple monthly payments.
- Convenience is another big one. Invisalign does not need frequent trips to the dentist for checkups.
- They can be taken off and put back on with ease. With Invisalign, you can also eat whatever you want, which is usually not the case with metal brackets and wires.
- Lastly, Invisalign offers an extra layer of protection for your teeth while in their healing phase. Dentist Fullerton will guide you in Invisalign or Braces which is better or works faster.
How To Know If Invisible Braces Are Perfect Fit You
- Do you have crowded or misaligned teeth?
- Are some of your teeth facing the wrong direction?
- Are some of your teeth smaller or more pronounced than the others?
- Do your lower teeth sit inside or outside the upper teeth when collapsed?
- Do your upper teeth completely cover the lower teeth when you laugh or smile?
- Would you like to see more teeth when you smile?
- Do you have significant gaps or spaces between your teeth?
- Do your teeth significantly point toward or away from the tongue instead of straight?
If any of the questions below match your situation, you may be due for an Invisalign treatment.
Get an Invisalign Treatment Today in Fullerton, CA
Get special Invisalign braces in Fullerton today at very affordable costs. Dr. Majd at Fullerton Family Orthodontics & Children’s Dentistry is your No. 1 dentist in Fullerton, specializing in Invisalign treatments for people of all ages and classes. Life with braces does not need to be altered. Visit our Fullerton dentist clinic or book an appointment with one of our trained dental specialists.